My sister-in-law is Danish. Well, she’s my husband’s brother’s wife (still with me?), which makes us so, apparently, in her native country. And I rather like that it works both ways.
She’s blonde, says everything straight, has a great sense of style and is scarily organised. She can get through Ikea in under six hours and still stick to the list.
Terese Hoffeldt, left, is not my sister-in-law, but the lovely Danish founder of super-cool, eco-friendly baby product company Hevea. Similarly, though, she has that together-Scandanavian-mama thing going on and a great eye for clean, simple style.
A nonstopmama of two, Terese founded Hevea after an unfruitful search for a pacifier made from natural rubber and in a style she liked (you see – organised).
The Hevea range of sweet, simple pacifiers, teethers and – as from this month – rubber bath toys are 100% BPA, PVC and phthalate-free. It’s already a huge hit with naturally-inclined mamas (and papas, including Orlando Bloom).
Terese’s love for all things natural is, unsurprisingly, reflected in her approach to beauty.
‘My key skincare secret is drinking water and plenty of it,’ she says. ‘I use organic products as much as I can. I love to use good quality, organic oils for the face, for example. I can’t use those that are too heavy as I don’t like that feeling on my skin. But, if I go out, or on special occasions, I still love to use make-up and good skincare.’
Terese’s top tips for glowing, natural beauty
• The Boots Botanics organic range really suits my skin and includes products not only for the face but also the body, feet and hands. The Overnight Hand and Nail Cream (£3.56) is such good value, I can slather it on throughout the day.
• The Organic Pharmacy products are my indulgence. The Rose Plus Anti-aging Face Cream (£107.50) is expensive but I need to use very little. I love the make-up, too.
• I love Jane Iredale’s Longest Lash Thickening & Lengthening Mascara (£24.36).
• I am very careful about sun exposure. I use Green People Organic Children’s Sunscreens on all the family – both the scented and unscented are fantastic.
• For the body, I love Acai Body Lotion (€42, at rudolphcare.com).
• For my hair, I love John Masters products, such as the Organic Evening Primrose Shampoo (£16).
• Chanel nail enamels are a treat.
Thanks so much for sharing your tips, Terese! And all the very best with the new bath toys!!
For more info on Hevea products, go to heveababy.com.