Fancy trying out a Jubilee mani for the weekend?
As soon as this lovely idea dropped into nonstopmama’s inbox from Revlon, I HAD to share it with you …
What I especially like – and, I think, is super-clever – about it is that the tricky, sticky-on nail art bit is restricted to just one nail (or the ‘signature nail’ as Jenny Longworth, who created the manicure for Revlon, calls it).
Easier to do and with even more of a ‘WOW!’ factor than ‘blinging’ them all. And certainly less fiddly!
What you need is pretty simple, too: a base coat, a glossy grey/neutral shade, a sheer sparkle polish and a few sparkly, diamanté nail ‘gems’ or similar. For this, you could raid your children’s craft kit, or you can even pick them up at pound stores!
You’ll also need a top coat to seal it all, or you might find you lose your gems in your Jubilee cake mix.
Here’s the full step-by-step from Revlon, including the colours used (although you can improvise, of course, with whatever you have to hand).
1. Prepare the nails and add your basecoat. This will help your nail enamel adhere to the nail plate and also prevent any staining. Our UK Nail Ambassador Jenny Longworth recommends always using a basecoat as this will help your look last longer – and keep your nails perfect for the whole Jubilee weekend.
2. Add two coats of Revlon Timeless – we love this grey shade as it instantly smartens up your nails, perfect for a touch of royalty.
3. Add one coat of our beautiful Stunning glitter enamel shade has lots of different sized glitter, to create a multifaceted look on all your nails.
4. And you’re ready to add your diamanté detail to your signature finger – we’ve used the ring here. You don’t always have to use nail glue – our Nail Ambassador Jenny Longworth is using top coat here! Put a blob of top coat and then let it practically dry, then use this as your glue pressing your first diamanté detail in with your nail or a nail art brush. Start with your biggest piece close to the tip and work up your nail, using smaller pieces of diamanté and pearl.
5. Leave your nails to dry a little. Then ‘float’ the top coat over the top of your design to further seal in the diamanté and pearl detail and add a high gloss finish for an even more light catching sparkle.
6. We think this look is absolutely beautiful and will make you feel like a princess!
Thanks Revlon, LOVE this!!
Let me know if you try this one out, mamas (or post to our sparkly new nonstopmama Facebook page!) – I’d LOVE to know how it turns out, or any of your other Jubilee mani/pedi ideas!