Doesn’t Cameron Diaz look fab with her layered, choppy bob, pictured her at the recent LA premiere of What To Expect While You’re Expecting?
It’s a great example of how a shorter to medium-length, layered style can look fresh, fun and really frame the face. And, great for busy mamas, layering like this is a great way to add instant volume and texture, with minimal effort on the styling front. A little product before blow-drying, focused on the roots, will help to add body, and between washes, too, to revive lacklustre locks.
I love, too, how Cameron’s premiere look is finished with a ‘pop’ of pretty pink on her lips and nails, too – a great, summery alternative to red carpet, um, red.
Here, Cameron’s long-time hair stylist, Lorna Vigi, explains how she created the look for the premiere, step-by-step, with the help of Moroccanoil haircare range (which nonstopmama LOVES, and I’ve raved about countless times!), who were a sponsor of What To Expect When You’re Expecting.
This is Lorna’s how-to.
• We let the hair dry naturally, to get a soft, sexy wave rather than blow-drying it – and gave her a low side part to make the look modern.
• The core product for the look was Moroccanoil Treatment. I applied it on damp hair, mostly on the ends. In fact, I like to use Moroccanoil on all the looks I create for Cameron, since it gives them a smoother texture and shine, and takes out any frizz.
• Next, I shaped the waves to give the look more lift and volume, and helped them in place with one inch clips and let them air dry.
• I then blow-dried her fringe smooth and forward with a big, round brush and then extended this to the other side to create a side sweep.
• Finally, I backcombed just a tiny bit through the crown for a little height, and finished with hairspray.
Meanwhile, for those nonstopmamas who entered our giveaway with Palmer’s to mark the UK launch of What To Expect While You’re Expecting, we had an overwhelming response and will be announcing the winners very soon!
Photo of Cameron Diaz © Eric Charbonneau.