I first met Millie Kendall (left) – nonstopmama and one half of Ruby & Millie – in the early Nineties. Back then, Millie was running her own, buzzing beauty PR business in a basement office behind Oxford Street, looking after top notch clients including the (then) new-to-the-UK Aveda and super-hair stylist Sam McKnight. She never let a beauty editor leave the office without an arm full of her latest discoveries, be it a new body oil or ”AMAZING” hair mousse.
Make-up artist Ruby Hammer, meanwhile – interviewed at nonstopmama shortly after we launched (nearly!) two years ago, is one of the most sought after names in the business. Ruby’s work has graced the pages of countless international glossies and catwalks.
Together, the girls founded one of the most loved make-up ranges of the last 10 years – Ruby & Millie – and are busier than ever working on new projects and updating their recently launched blog with their expert takes on the latest trends, spotlighting their favourite fashion and beauty finds and more.
Here, they share their good-to-glow beauty secrets for busy nonstopmamas!
Ruby & Millie’s busy mama beauty tips:
• Kids’ moisturisers are incredibly useful. Always over-scoop, so you can use the rest on your hands and arms to keep them thoroughly moisturised. Sudocrem, for example, is great.
• Use a multi-purpose product like The Mulitiple from Nars to apply on cheeks, lips and eyes.
• Coloursport 30 Day Mascara is wonderful because you don’t have to put mascara on everyday. You can just top it up when you need to.
• Use eyelash curlers. Even if you have no time to carefully apply mascara, this will instantly open up your eyes. A pro tip: Japonesque have great eyelash curlers.
• Apply lipstick straight from the bullet with your fingers, for a modern and fast take on bright lips. Or use Shiseido Automatic Lip Crayon to line and colour lips in no time – it’s self sharpening!
Thanks so much for sharing your tricks, mamas!!
You can also follow Ruby and Miller on twitter, at @RubyandMillie.