BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to Patricia Dente Haimes, founder of the Little Bu range of loved-by-beauty-insiders non-toxic, wash-off nail polishes …
When I interviewed Patricia, a New Yorker now London-based, for this post, she was expecting her first baby – and, last week, she had her little boy!!
As a mama who’s concerned about ‘toxicity’ of beauty products (and products generally, hence my love of the Method cleaning range, which I’ve written about lots at nonstopmama), I immediately loved the idea of a non-stinky, formaldehyde, DBP and Toluene-free option.
Whilst Patricia initially designed Little Bu polishes as a safe, ‘dress-up’ option for little girls, it turns out that they’re also popular with expectant mamas, pro chefs and others who appreciate having a questionable chemical-free, washes-off-with-soap-and-water alternative …
I have to be honest and say I’ve never been a fan of nail polish on little fingers and toes – especially dark/bright colours (I wasn’t allowed to wear nail polish until, it seemed, I was 30, and it seems I’ve turned into my mother in that way).
For me, I’ve always been uncomfortable with anything – from clothes to make-up and mobile phones – which rushes children to look and act older than they are. I know, it’s one mamas are divided on (in fact, I’d love to hear what you think!). That said, for tweens and teens who have just started to experiment with funky nail colours, it’s great to have an odourless, less harsh alternative.
With Little Bu, Patricia – a former beauty publicist who has worked Stateside with brands such as Chanel, Estée Lauder and Smashbox Cosmetics – has come up with a super-shiny, glide-on formula which, in the company’s own words, has gone on to ‘transcend age paramaters’.
Actually perfect for nonstopmamas, the polishes go on quickly, dry in two minutes and can then be washed off at the end of the day (or evening!). Perfectly practical and they come in a GREAT line-up of shades and finishes. Check them out at the website, where you can buy them online (you can also find the range at Harrods).
Here, Patricia shares her top 5 beauty tricks (and favourite products) for on-the-go mamas!
- “To save the hassle of dressing up my eyes, I usually have Jinny Lash lash extensions. You just wake up (looking beautiful) and go!”.
- “The fastest way to have that sunkissed glow without spending time in the sun is with a tinted moisturiser like Estee Lauder Day Wear Sheer Tint Anti-Oxidant Moisturizer SPF 15. The sun protection also keeps you from having to add on the extra protection”.
- “To save time in the morning and get a great natural wave, I wash my hair every other day. To keep dust and dirt at bay I spray in Klorane Dry Shampoo“.
- When there isn’t time to cleanse and exfoliate try Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Cleanse & Polish to remove make-up, cleanse skin and the muslin cloth sloughs off stubborn dead skin cells”.
- “Slimline the handbag contents and carry a flattering lipstick like Chanel Rouge Allure in Silhouette to use for touch ups on lips and cheeks. Use your finger to apply to cheek and you’ll see how revived you’ll look”.
Thanks for the fabulous tips, Patricia!